Applications must be received by the Awards organisers by 11.59pm (EST) on Sunday 6 September 2015 at the latest. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
The important dates for the National Carer Awards 2015 are as follows:
- On Monday 27 July 2015 the call for nominations will be launched on the National Carer Awards website and through a media release.
- An expert judging panel will convene in September 2015 to assess the nominations and select finalists for each category from each Australian state and territory.
- In late November 2015 state and territory events will be held to recognise and celebrate the nominated carers. Sponsors and dignitaries will have the opportunity to meet the nominated carers in person at the events, where the state and territory winners will be announced in four award categories – Young carer award, Foster and Kinship carer award, Family carer award and Caring in the country award. Winners in each category from these events will be invited to attend the national awards event as national finalists, representing their state or territory.
- The National awards event will be held in February 2016. The winners from the four awards categories in each state and territory and one guest will be sponsored to attend the event, including the provision of travel and accommodation.
- The national winner in each of the four award categories will be awarded a prize, details of which will be publicly available on the dedicated National Carer Awards website.
- Winners will be published on the National Carer Awards website the day after the national event.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
For full terms and conditions, please click here.
Please note that police checks and photographs of carers may be required for finalists.
Privacy and Confidentiality
Please note that information provided in the nomination form may be used or disclosed to other bodies as is necessary for the purpose of the National Carer Awards 2015 process, or for publication in relation to the successful nominees.
For further information about the privacy guidelines please email firstname.lastname@example.org.